PRESTON-UNDER-SCAR PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Linda Stevens, Tel:07778911677
You are hereby summoned to participate in a Virtual Meeting via Zoom of Preston-Under-Scar Parish Council on Wednesday 17 February at 7.00pm for the purpose of transacting the following business:
- To receive apologies for absence
- To confirm the Minutes of the Meetings held on 9 December 2020
- To declare Councillors’ interests in items on the agenda
- Action taken since the last meeting
Precept – the Clerk notified Richmondshire District Council of the Parish
Council’s precept requirement on 31 December 2021.
- Finance and Banking
Opening Balances as at 1 February 2021
Current Account: £ 9488.79
Savings Account: £2,287.27
To consider and if appropriate resolve:
- To authorise “read only” access to the Parish Council’s Bank Account for the Parish Clerk:
- That future NS&I statements be sent to the Parish Clerk
To consider and if appropriate resolve to make the following payments:
Payee Item Payment type Amount
L Stevens Clerk Nov(part)/Dec/Jan) BACS 23hrs
L Stevens Phone/Internet (Nov(part) BACS £26.00
Cllr D Brooks Reimbursement of payments for BACS £43.17
Parish Council Zoom account
(Oct-Dec 2020 incl)
*Timesheet to be presented to the meeting
Page 1 of 3
To note that a Direct Debit of £35.00 for the Councils annual Data Protection Registration Fee will shortly be taken.
The Third Quarter Financial Review is circulated for consideration with this agenda and is also available on the parish website. Councillors are requested to consider and, if satisfied, approve the review.
Appointment of new Internal Auditor
To consider and if satisfied approve the appointment of Mr Peter Reed as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor.
HMRC – update on contact
- To consider IT provision and future arrangements for backing up the Parish Council’s documents.
- Review of Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
Councillors are invited to review the Parish Council’s current Standing Orders and Financial Regulations circulated with this agenda.
- Winter Maintenance
- Mechanical Gritting – in the light of the impact of recent weather conditions on the village, Councillors are invited to consider whether to submit a request to North Yorkshire County Council that they consider including the west end of the village in the future winter maintenance programme for mechanical ploughing and gritting.
- Grit Bins – Councillors are invited to consider the possible provision of an additional grit bin and grit in the village.
- Flooding/Drainage, Moor Road
To consider any further action required following the meeting held with representatives of North Yorkshire County Council’s Highways Department held on 20 November 2019, the notes of which have been circulated to Councillors.
- Grass Cutting Contract
Councillors are invited to discuss the annual contract for the village and cemetery grass cutting.
Page 2 of 3
(Note: Last year’s contractors, DCN of Leyburn, have advised that they will hold prices for 2021/22 at the same level as last year – £70 per cut overall (Cemetery £40, Village £30)
- Village Maintenance
- Progress with inspection/repair of the benches at the West End of the village and in The Stanney
- Condition of Cemetery Bench
- Condition of Noticeboard – to receive any update
- Planning Applications
20/00956/FULL – Full Planning Permission to construct a family home on a brownfield site tom the south east of Rose Cottage Preston Under Scar – closing date for comments 23 February 2021 (Note: a document setting out the comments received to date from Parish Councillors has been circulated to Councillors with this agenda)
Upcoming Applications: None notified
Update on Previous Applications
20/0078/FULL & 20/00782/LBC – Full Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent for the demolition of existing lean-to garage and construction of lean-to porch at 2 Preston Mill, Wensley Station, Preston-Under-Scar, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 4AG – awaiting decisions
20/00258/FULL -Full Planning Permission for Change of Use from Ancillary Accommodation to Hawthorn Cottage to Independent Dwelling with Extension at Croft Edge, Preston-Under-Scar, Leyburn, North Yorkshire,DL8 4AQ – awaiting decision.
As usual, members of the public are invited to attend the meeting. Anyone wishing to do so should contact the Clerk beforehand in order to obtain the necessary Zoom information/internet link to access the video meeting.
Signed ………………………………. Date: 10 February 2021
Page 3 of 3